Thursday 28 February 2013

Prints, please!

I've definitely started warming to prints. They're a great way to add a little bit of colour into your wardrobe if your wardrobe tends to resemble that of Wednesday Addams'. They're also an easy way to look on trend and are completely wearable, unlike some of the outrageous stuff you sometimes see on the catwalk.

I think there are different prints out there that are flattering to every body shape that exists. The general rule: smaller prints for those with a little more to love and larger prints for those who want to create the illusion of curves. Now, the fashion is clashing prints and I've spotted various Londoners bravely rocking this look, with maybe a floral top and a stripy trouser.

My favourite prints at the moment: Oriental prints which are very 'of the moment' but seeing as I'm of an Asian persuasion, I'm pretty wary about trying these out, for fear I'll end up looking like a waitress at a Chinese restaurant or something. So for me, I would stick with digital prints.

The other day I went out with a friend to a blues bar in Camden and decided to trial the print trend. I went for a slightly muted version, with a plain black chiffon shirt to balance out the neon prints of the skirt.



This skirt is from Topshop and was £34. I really like it although it's VERY mini and I must say, I did actually wear it with opaque black tights on the night. I really like the A Line design of the skirt - it's a bit different and is unusual for a mini which lately has been mainly body con (which I am sick of) or skater style. I like the way the background print is black and white which makes the neon floral motif stand out even more. I wore some plain black leather sandals with this to let the skirt do the talking :)

Topshop also sell a matching top for about £28 and I tried the top and skirt on together. I was surprised to see that I actually really liked going the whole hog and putting the two pieces together made for a fun and playful look. Might have to venture back and get the top in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment