Monday 18 February 2013

LFW

It's a few days into London Fashion Week although I seem to have avoided seeing teeny fashionistas stumbling nonchalantly on the cobbled streets as I am in my little bubble of an office in Liverpool Street, the area of London seemingly unaffected by the fashion frivolities. However, I have been keeping abreast of all the LFW highlights and the various trends that are in style at the moment. I especially enjoyed the Orla Kiely's presentation, which showcased waifish models sitting at typewriters, in nostalgic knits and twee separates. Peter Pan collars, A-line mini skirts and cute cardigans was a nice contrast to Rihanna's controversial collection with River Island which, let's face it, was never going to be demure. I loved the 50's/ 60's influence with the models exhibiting beehive hairdos and feline eyeliner flicks - it all added to the whimsical, retro ambience!

Although I would love to be able to splash out on the Orla Kiely range, it's not exactly within my price range (one day...) but there are a number of equally whimsical accessories on the highstreet such as these accessories from Hobbs, which are both currently in the sale!

The teacup earrings were originally £29 but have been reduced to £8 and the gorgeous bow brooch is a bargain at £13

No comments:

Post a Comment