Sunday 24 February 2013

It's oh so cold...

Even though it's nearing the end of February, the English weather is being typically schizophrenic. Earlier this week, it seemed as though spring was near but then it suddenly became bitterly cold and started snowing. Dressing for such changeable weather is a talent of many Brits possess because they have no other choice! I, for one, have learnt the hard way that you should always carry an umbrella in your handbag just in case and it's become something of a ritual to look up the weather forecast on the internet just before I head out anywhere.



Anyway, in such cold weather, I wore this outfit the other day to see some friends in London, consisting of an ASOS Faux Fur black coat with a dark red collar which was in the sale (an absolute bargain), my beloved faux leather pleated Warehouse mini skirt, an old navy Uniqlo jumper, ribbed tights ( a must to combat freezing legs) and my Karen Millen burgundy tote to give a pop of colour. While I am drawn to dark colours, I love to lift an outfit with a colourful accessory - this time it's my bag but it could be anything, a neon scarf or some print shoes.

I also have to profess my love for brightly coloured nails which stems back since I was about 5 years old and decided to paint my nails bright yellow for a whole summer.

Here I'm wearing Rimmel London's orange glittery 'Shirley Temple' nail varnish which brightens up the dull winter days and never fails to cheer an otherwise drab outfit up. It is prone to peeling so you'll need to apply a base and top coat for longlasting wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment