Wednesday 24 October 2012

The importance of being charming

I’ve always had a “thing” for charm bracelets and necklaces. Perhaps it’s to do with the fact that I tend to hoard things for sentimental value or maybe it’s just because they can be so darn pretty. Anyway, I’ve been on a long quest to find a great charm bracelet to invest in. I’ve considered the cute tactile Links Sweetie bracelet and the sterling silver Thomas Sabo charm bracelets that have become increasingly popular. However, I tend to veer towards gold as I think it suits my skin colour better and the complete ubiquity that they have enjoyed puts me off somewhat. Part of the inherent charm, pardon the pun, of charm bracelets is the fact that they feel personal to you. If everyone is wearing the same bracelet, its specialness is somewhat diluted.

I’m still holding out for finding the right charm bracelet. I’m currently veering towards Astley Clarke’s beautiful classic collection of yellow-gold charms. I mean, how cute is this ‘Nut King Squirrel Charm’?


Granted, I would probably only be able to afford the bracelet void of charms as it stands (damn my bank balance) but still I’d like to think, I could amass an enviable collection of charms eventually... it would be an investment, clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment