Saturday 27 October 2012

Ombre dip dye

I've wanted to dip dye my hair for a while but was considering the various ways to go about doing it. Initially I wanted to dye the ends of my hair turquoise but seeing as I have to look somewhat professional/ corporate at work, this was a categorical no-no. Instead, I settled upon the ombre effect which is a much subtler take on dip dye and was sported on the catwalks of last year (yes I a am a little behind, I know...)

Being Asian, dyeing my decidedly thick and stubbornly dark hair has always been somewhat of an issue so I immediately assumed that I would have to get my hair dip dyed professionally. But, after some research, I came across Loreal Preference Brush on Dip Dye, which allows you to dip dye your hair from the comfort of your own home. I was initially sceptical as there have been countless times where I've tried to dye my hair at home and rather than transform my hair, it's remained the same colour, albeit with a slightly different tint to it, and dried it out. But I decided to go with it anyway and was really pleasantly surprised. It was incredibly easy to use and apply and most importantly of all, it worked. As you can see in the picture, it's pretty subtle which is what I wanted. The good thing about this trend is that it's very low maintenance - no touch ups required, just let it grow out and fade naturally with time.


I'm pretty pleased with the results and it's saved me a fair few pennies doing it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment