Monday 25 March 2013

Dr Martens

Call me old fashioned, but I like my Dr Martens to be Dr Martens. You know, the brand that's known for its punk-influenced sturdy durable boot, favoured by those of a slightly alternative persuasion. I can see the logic behind pairing with Mancunian model Agyness Deyn - she's the 'alternative' model, with her androgynous short blonde crop and her penchant for edgy street style. However, it seems that her latest Spring Summer 2013 collection is just all sorts of wrong.



Chunky sandals with bows seems to be the overriding theme this collection and while it may suit a Ganguro girl in one of those 'kawaii' Japanese magazines, in reality it just looks unattractive and unappealing. It reminds me of those little shoes you wear when you're about 3 years old, which look cute purely because your feet are tiny. However, wearing these monstrosities as a fully grown woman is bizarre and I doubt even someone as attractive as Deyn could even pull it off.. Stick to the classics at Dr Marten. This sort of experimentation baffles my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment