Friday 25 February 2011

Love for Block Heels


A key trend that's been spotted on the catwalks since last year is the gorgeous block heel. Not only does it give you the much-desired height but it is a far comfier and more casual alternative to the stiletto. I am a huge fan of this style - it looks incredibly high fashion and you can get away with wearing block heels during the day or at night. The blue and green platform sandals above are from ASOS at a relatively hefty £95. They are such a statement piece and I love that block feels have that luxury fashion feel but still maintain a bit of playfulness in contrast to the overtly sexy stiletto.

I think the block heel is a good way to break yourself into wearing heels. I, a complete pumps lover, have always wanted to wear more high heels but due to my being rather unusually tall for an asian, have always opted against this. I have, however, decided to take baby steps and overcome my fear and bought these gorgeous Carvela block heel sling- backs which were on sale and a bargain at only £39.

No comments:

Post a Comment